- An update from the Executive on where we are with regard to a new CEO. The Executive are in the final throws of finalising the Position Description for the CEO. The opportunity was taken to update the Position Description. The position will soon be advertised.
- AHBIC has been asked for assistance from the Australian Queen Bee Breeders Association (AQBBA) in making representations to Australia.
Post regarding problems with delivery of queen bees. If you have had problems please let our acting CEO know about these so we can put together a case to go to Australia Post. Please do this within the next week.
- Elsewhere in the newsletter you will see the opportunity to comment on Australia’s domestic organic regulatory framework. If you are in the organic business please avail yourself of the opportunity to make a submission.
- The Congress Sub-committee is finalising the registration form for the 4th Australian Bee Congress to be held in Sydney in June. Make sure you have registered your expression of interest at the website https://australianbeecongress.com.au/ This way you will be advised immediately registrations open. I look forward to seeing you in Sydney.
- You will also see in this newsletter references to the NEXDOC upgrade. If you export honey or apicultural products, most likely beeswax, then you need to study and take part in the virtual drop in sessions to learn more. Thank you to those exporters who helped in the sessions with the Department to make sure the changes were practical and able to be carried out by our industry exporters.
- With all the rain in south east Queensland and northern New South Wales I hope there have been no hives caught up in the floods. Big lots of rain. At my place we had over 500mms for the period but down the coast I know it was well over the one metre mark.