Company Directors Course Entry Pathways21 March 2023
1. Company Directors Course AgriFutures Australia is committed to supporting the people who are driving, and will drive, the future prosperity of Australian rural industries and communities. AgriFutures Australia currently […]
1. Company Directors Course
AgriFutures Australia is committed to supporting the people who are driving, and will drive, the future prosperity of Australian rural industries and communities.
AgriFutures Australia currently has an opportunity for key stakeholders to participate in the Australian Institute of Company Directors – Company Directors CourseTM Online.
Applications are now open and close Friday, 14 April 2023 at 5pm (AEST) .
AgriFutures Australia is offering individuals from the following groups the opportunity to participate in the Company Directors Course Online:
- Individuals working in an AgriFutures Australia levied industry (chicken meat, export fodder, thoroughbred horses, honeybee and pollination, rice, ginger, tea tree oil, pasture seeds, kangaroo, buffalo, deer, goat fibre)
- Individuals working in an emerging industry (industrial hemp, insects, seaweed, sesame)
- Agrifood innovation professionals (e.g. startups, scaleups, agtech companies, Producer Technology Uptake Program participants and coordinators, innovation brokers)
- Members of the AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award Alumni.
- Applications open on Monday, 20 March 2023
- Applications close Friday, 14 April 2023
- Applicants notified by: Friday, 28 April 2023
- Company Directors Course commences: Monday, 15 May 2023
Who should apply?
Experienced directors, new directors, business owners and senior executives reporting to boards. It is best suited to participants who are comfortable with online learning and are keen to build connections with their fellow online learners.
Do you know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? It would be greatly appreciated if you could share this information.
For further questions about the opportunity please contact:
Manager, Capacity Building
Phone: 0438 921 421
2. Governance Foundations for Not-For-Profit Directors
Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) annual Not-for-Profit Scholarship Program for 2023/24 is now open.
There are 200 fully funded scholarships available for directors, executives and emerging directors of not-for-profit organisations across Australia with an annual income of less than $2 million to attend the AICD’s Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors program.
The AICD’s Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors program provides participants with an understanding of fundamental compliance and performance related roles and responsibilities of directors, specifically in the areas of governance, risk, financial performance and strategy. This program is offered over 1.5 days and includes the following 3 modules:
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Not-for-Profit Director
- Strategy and Risk for the Not-for-Profit Director
- Finance for the Not-for-Profit Director
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the key duties and responsibilities of directors in the not-for-profit environment
- Appreciate the potential personal liability of directors and council members
- Understand governance structures as they apply in the not-for-profit context
- Consider the differences / similarities and nuances of the director’s role in the not-for-profit / for profit sectors
- Understand the role of directors in overseeing the strategy formulation and risk management approach of the organisation
- Review the financial statements and the linkages between them
- Discuss how directors in the not-for-profit sector can link the financial statements to understand the ‘financial story’ and health of the organisation
Please share this wonderful opportunity with directors, executives and emerging directors who you know would benefit from these studies.
The application deadline is Sunday 23 April 2023, read full details here.
If you need assistance with the scholarship application process, please contact the Australian Scholarships Foundation via email@example.com or call 1300 248 675.